Saturday, September 17, 2011

A Perfect Day

Dear Kayleigh,

Yesterday was the day Daddy and I have been looking forward to for a long time as our last "Date Day" before you arrive. Up until two weeks ago, I had planned for this past Thursday (9/15) to be my last day of work (I'm so glad I caved and ended a week early! I would have been no good at school this week!) Why did I plan to end on a Thursday instead of a Friday? Because Fridays are Dad's day off [well, in theory, anyway!]

We guarded this Friday with our lives. Originally, we had planned on doing something like going to the Getty Center or the Los Angeles Arboretum--but by the begi

nning of last week, we both knew that I wasn't going to be up for anything that included a lot of walking.

Instead, we decided to do something I've been yearning to do for a long time: go to the beach.

It was a wonderful day!

We began it with an OB appointment (you little bugger, you're so content in there that Dr. Brady said you're probably not coming for at least another week) and then we drove to Newport to visit Papa Don in the nursing facility where he is currently rehabilitating.


Gramma got there just after we did, and we had a wonderful visit with the two of them.

I wish you could have seen how bright-eyed and smiley Papa got every time we mentioned you! It was so much fun to see his excitement. It's crazy to think that the next time we go visit them, we'll be bringing you along, too!

After our time with Gramma and Papa Davis, Daddy and I headed to our favorite bagel place in Corona Del Mar--Bruegger's Bagels on Goldenrod Ave. Ever since Dad and I started dating, Corona Del Mar was our special place. We'd go there when school got to be too much, we'd go there on quiet Sunday afternoons, we'd go to watch the sun set.

Here's a look through the years at our favorite place!
The first time Dad and I went to Corona Del Mar together--November 15th, 2006--a month before we began dating! With Kellie Kotraba and Dustin Gross (Auntie Kim took the picture)



Taking advantage of a cancelled orchestra rehearsal, March 2008



A week before our wedding, 2008




Our first Valentine's Day as a married couple, 2009



January 2010


And almost every time we went, we stopped at Bruegger's Bagels first. There's just something about sitting on the sand with a warm, creamy bagel and the love of your life. It's a perfect combination.



Aaaanyway, back to yesterday!


It was a perfect day. It was 20 degrees cooler at the coast than it was at home yesterday. I LOVED it!


There was a dad at the beach with his two little girls doing a photo shoot. They were the cutest things! It made Dad and me excited to think about times like this with you :-)



We loved talking about how next time we come to the beach, we'll be carrying you in our arms! I hope we are able to give you many, many opportunities to go to the beach as you grow up. The ocean is such a part of who I am, and it's become such a special part of Dad's and my relationship. We can't wait to share that with you!

We love you, Kayleigh Girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment