What a weird last few days it's been.
I went to the chiropractor on Wednesday. She adjusted my back, and just like that, the pain was gone. Yesterday was the first time in weeks that I woke up and thought, "I could walk a mile right now! Let's go!"
And go we did. Last night, Dad and I walked 1.5 miles in a hopeful effort to get you to come. Today was your due date, and we were sure hoping it wouldn't pass by uneventfully.
We walked to the Starbucks down the street from our apartment, and as a reward, we treated ourselves to drinks. They were passing out samples of the Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino, and it was really good! I ordered it in a tall--the first "coffee drink" I've ever ordered at Starbucks. I'm a tea girl. An herbal tea girl. If I don't order tea at Starbucks, I get a Strawberries 'n' Creme or a Frozen Strawberry Lemonade. Never coffee.
Coffee gives me the jitters. It makes me antsy and ridiculously hyper. I don't know what possessed me to order the mocha frappe last night, but wow! Like mother, like daughter. You were wired. I felt like I was a human pinball machine. For hours after I had my drink, you were bouncing around inside of me. I don't think I'll be doing that again :-)
We had our 40 week appointment today. Before we went, we walked another 1.5 miles. I was really hoping that walking 3 miles in the last 24 hours would get things going so that you would decide to come soon. Not so lucky, I guess. Dr. Morales didn't note any change in my progress from a week ago. 50% effaced, cervix still completely closed. He said it could be a few more weeks, at this point, if we were to let things go naturally. He scheduled us for an induction on Monday. I was crushed.
Even though I've planned all along to have an epidural, I wanted to do everything else as naturally as possible. No c-sections, no inductions. The ideas of both of them scare me. I'll just have to trust in God, Kayleigh Girl. He turned you around when we thought we would have to do a c-section; I can trust Him to be with us every step of the way through your delivery.
As things stand, Dad and I will head to the hospital around midnight on Sunday night so that they can induce me at 1am. Dr. Morales said it will probably be a very long journey--you might not even be born until Tuesday. Isn't it ironic that the very thing I've tried to avoid is what most likely will happen? Kayleigh Girl, you may very well be born on my 25th birthday.
I've struggled all along with the idea of you having to share a birthday in such close vicinity to mine. I'm a big believer that every child should have their own special day, and I never want your birthday to have to be "shared" with mine. I always want you to have your own cake, your own birthday party, your own celebration. And now, you'll either be born the day before, or on my birthday. Oh well! I promise to always make sure your birthdays are special. And if a beautiful baby girl is handed to me on September 27th this year, I'll consider it the most wonderful birthday gift I could ever receive.
Well, it's after 2:30 in the morning right now. I don't know if you picked up on my anxiety today, but neither of us has been able to sleep tonight, Munchkin. You've been stretching, hiccupping, and pushing around in your cramped space all night. It's crazy to realize that after tonight, there is only one more "normal" night where you will be inside of me. Sunday night/ Monday morning will be anything but normal for either of us, but I'm praying that God will keep us both strong, and bring you to Daddy's arms and mine soon. I can't believe how soon I'll be holding you, my sweet little one. It puts a smile on my face.
I love you!
Sweet dreams.
Love, Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment