Saturday, March 19, 2011

Fingerprints

Hello, Sweet One!

Daddy and I cherish each Friday morning as we read about your developments for the week. You're 13 weeks and 1 day old today. The last week of our first trimester! It's a victory for both of us. (Please let Mommy start feeling well soon, ok?)

The most exciting development this week is that your fingerprints have formed! I love thinking about of the the painting those little fingers will be doing; we'll have so much fun making crafts for your grandparents and things to put on our fridge. I can't imagine how tiny your fingers are right now. You're still less than three inches from head to bottom, so they must be so little! It's incredible to think that your fingerprints--so uniquely you--are already there.

It made me think about the song Fingerprints of God by Steven Curtis Chapman.

I can see the fingerprints of God
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of God
And I know it's true
You're a masterpiece
That all creation quietly applauds
And you're covered with the fingerprints of God

Never has there been and never again
Will there be another you
Fashioned by God's hand
And perfectly planned
To be just who you are
And what He's been creating
Since the first beat of your heart
Is a living breathing priceless work of art and...

Just look at you
You're a wonder in the making
Oh, and God's not through, no
In fact, He's just getting started and…

I can see the fingerprints of God
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of God
And I know it's true
You're a masterpiece
That all creation quietly applauds
And you're covered with the fingerprints of God.


Mommy and Daddy love you!

Love, Mom

1 comment:

  1. I stumbled upon this blog when I was trying to pull up your other one! CONGRATULATIONS! This is a really neat idea.

    ReplyDelete