Thursday, July 14, 2011

Spending the Night Away

Dear Kayleigh (it is still so great to be able to say that and know who you are),

    Your Mom and I have a few traditions that are special to us, and we are sure that you will enjoy them too.  One of them we borrowed from your grandparents.  Whenever we have to be apart for a night, your Mommy and I leave notes for each other to find and read.  It is such a great thing to have a personal message from the one you love when you can not be together.  This letter is for both of you, my Kayleigh and my Cutie.

    It is such an exciting thing to see our family growing right before my eyes.  Getting to see my beautiful wife and the growth of my beautiful daughter.  I can't see you, but I sure know you are there when I look at and feel Mommy's belly in the morning.  Thoughts of you and our future are such wonderful things and I can't wait to be able to hold you and see you in my arms.  Tonight I won't just be missing Mommy, I will be missing the two most important women in my life.  It will be a sad thing for me not to wake up right next to both of you.  However, this will give me an opportunity to think of all the time we will be able to spend together in just a few months.

    Another tradition we have is the giving of nicknames.  For a very long time now, your Mommy has been my "Cutie."  You have already been given a nickname, almost as soon as we knew you were with us.  You are our Brubaby.  It will be great coming up with fun nicknames together when you are older.  I wonder what we will call each other.  Either way, you will always be my little Kayleigh Grace, my precious girl.

    Daddy loves you both and I can't wait to be home with you again.  God bless.

Love: Your doting husband and father

No comments:

Post a Comment