Something wonderful happened last Thursday! Your Uncle Jon proposed to your Aunt Megan. We are all so happy for these two, and so excited that she will officially be your "aunt" soon!
I'm so happy that you'll get to grow up with her in your life--what a blessing she is to our family! God couldn't have chosen a better person for Jon to marry. They are so perfect for each other, and the way she fits into our family makes it feel like she's been part of it all along.
Your Uncle Jon is absolutely beaming. His eyes are bright and twinkly, and the bluest I've ever seen them. It's such a happy time! Daddy and I went up to Oxnard after I got off work on Friday to join the family for dinner to celebrate, and then we spent the night. Everyone is so happy. Wedding chatter is hard to keep to a minimum--it's just too exciting!
And guess what? You'll get to be at their wedding. They haven't set a date yet, but the plan is for early November. I'm so happy to think about that day and realize that we'll have a beautiful little 6 week-or-so old little girl. You're going to be the most precious little niece ever!
This family has lots of excitement coming up in the next few months!
I loved your Auntie Laura's facebook status from yesterday:
Woke up this morning and jumped in the freezing Pacific with 5 of my favorite people, and is spending the rest of the day packing for Europe, drinking coffee, and Greek-dancing around the house. Oh yes... did I mention that, between the Brubakers and the Muellers, we're having a BABY AND A WEDDING in the next four months? Life is good.
Yes, Kayleigh Girl, life is good!
Love, Mom
p.s. I hope you'll always have memories of me swimming in the ocean with you, but just for the record, Aunt Laura was talking about how Uncle Jon, Aunt Megan, Aunt Kate, Aunt Laura, Dad, and I went to the beach first thing yesterday morning. To the beach where Daddy proposed to me, in fact! It was so wonderful to breathe the fresh ocean air again, to feel the sand between my toes, and be back in the water. At least, I tried. The water was pretty cold, and you didn't like it. Think I'm crazy? I waded in up to my belly button, and you started trying to crawl up me! It was pretty hilarious. I guess we'll have to work on turning you into a water girl later :-) After that, Aunt Megan and I stayed in water up to our thighs and enjoyed chatting with each other while we watched the others diving in the waves. I didn't want you to be cold or uncomfortable, and Aunt Megan didn't want to lose her gorgeous new ring!
No comments:
Post a Comment