Saturday, April 9, 2011

16 Weeks

Our Sweet Baby,

You're 16 weeks along in your journey. It's so exciting to be nearing the halfway point of my pregnancy. Daddy and I can't wait to meet you!

You're becoming more and more apparent to the world, and that's exciting, too! By now you're probably about the size of an avocado. It's funny to picture an avocado rolling around inside of me and not be able to feel it. I know I'll be feeling you move around very soon, because every once in a while, I feel flutterings and movements and I know it's you stretching around and exploring your environment.

My morning sickness has finally gone away. You sure caused Mommy a lot of havoc! I've been off of my anti-nausea prescription for 2 weeks now, and I'm slowly getting back to eating normal food. Life is becoming wonderful again! I'm happy that my signs of pregnancy are an ever rounder tummy and feeling your tiny movements--instead of morning sickness! I think this trimester will be a much more pleasant one :-)

We are less than a month away now from finding out who we will be bringing home in September. Are you a little boy, or a little girl? God knows, and you do. I have to admit, I hope this is the biggest secret you ever keep from us. I hope with all of my heart that as you grow, you will trust your mom and dad and know that you can tell us anything. We will always love you.

We're going to the doctor as soon as I get off work on May 6th for the ultrasound that will (hopefully! no squirming around in there!) tell us who you are. Be good for the doctor and show your true colors, ok? :-)

We can't wait to know!

Now that I'm finally feeling better, I'm itching to make all sorts of things for you. I just need to know if I should add flowers and bows or cars and dinosaurs. We're going to have so much fun!

I love you!

♥ Mommy

1 comment:

  1. So exciting!! We go to find out soon, and I can't wait!! I know as soon as we find out we are going to want to go shopping. By we, I mean everyone except Tyler!! :) He thinks I've already done too much shopping!!

    ReplyDelete