Thursday, August 4, 2011

Times, They Are A-Changin'


Dear Kayleigh,

Sunday night was the last night we'll get to spend with Uncle Jon and Aunt Megan at this house. They came over to stay the night with us after watching Mary Poppins on Broadway in Orange County. When they got to our house, Dad and I were folding two baskets of freshly-washed baby clothes (my friend Dalia gave you all of her daughter Chloe's adorable clothes--so sweet! And since laundry is going to cost us $2 a load at the apartment, I'm washing everything I can right now!)
They sat right down with us (in their fancy evening clothes!) and started folding little outfits, as well. We were having so much fun catching up and sharing adorable little outfits we found with each other, and then it struck all of us how much things are changing.


It was the last time they will ever spend the night with us in this little yellow home. The last time we'll sit on the couches in the den with candles burning and Uncle Jon's music of choice playing softly on the computer while we laugh and converse. We've spent so many evenings that way...so many fond memories. I've loved every morning that I've tiptoed down the hallway so that I don't wake Uncle Jon who is sprawled out on the couch, or Aunt Megan who is tucked away in the guest bedroom. I love having them here, and I love that they know they're always welcome!

But Sunday night was different. As we sat there together, we talked about the changes. Aunt Megan noted how the whole time she's known the Mueller family, everything has been the same. Aunt Laura has still been at our childhood home with Papa and Gramma Mueller, Uncle Jon has been at Biola University (that's where Uncle Jon and Aunt Megan met!), Aunt Kate has been at Azusa Pacific University, and Daddy and I have lived here. But this year, Uncle Jon, Aunt Megan, and Aunt Kate all graduated from college, Aunt Laura graduated from high school and is currently teaching English and about God's Word to children in the Czech Republic with Gramma and Papa (for three weeks altogether), Daddy and I are moving to a new place and excitedly awaiting your arrival, and Uncle Jon and Aunt Megan are engaged and get
ting married in November. What a year 2011 is!


So many changes. There we were folding your tiny baby clothes with Aunt Megan's brand new engagement ring sparkling in the lamplight. Times are changing! All wonderful changes, though, God is good.

Love, Mom

P.S. I wish you could have seen your Uncle Jon's reaction to some of your new outfits. He was having so much fun (he's SO excited to be your uncle!) and one little outfit tickled him more than ever. It's a cute little set of daisy overalls with a yellow shirt. He went nuts over how adorable it is. I can't wait to put you in it and take a picture of you with your silly uncle! How many 22 year old guys get excited about things like that!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment