Friday, August 26, 2011

Serving

Howdy Kayleigh girl,

I know that you are going to be an amazing girl and someday a woman who walks with God.  I am so excited for you to know your heavenly father and to serve Him in all that you do.  Mommy and I are going to help you understand just how important it is to help others and to serve them joyfully.  Helping others isn't always easy, and you may not get to do something else you would like to, but in your heart you know that you are praising and honoring God when you do set aside time for others.

This weekend I will be away serving a camp that provides a great ministry to children and families, and I am very happy to be able to help them.  However, it comes at the cost of being away from you and Mommy - the two girls I love more than anything in the world.  Someday it will be such a great experience to serve others with you.  I know that we are going to be a great team.

Never lose sight Kayleigh of what truly matters, sharing God's love and his grace with others.  We can do that by telling people about Him, by praying for them, and by serving them - that is what Jesus did for us, and we want to be like Jesus our savior.

I am soooo excited to be able to talk with you about Jesus and to serve Him together.  You are such a blessing to your Mommy and me already that I can't imagine how many people you will bless in the future.

Have a great weekend with Mommy!

-Love: Your doting Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment