Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Beautiful Dreamer

My Sweet Kayleigh,

Usually, I try to use your naptimes to get work done.  I always have papers to grade, dishes to wash, and oh-my-how-can-3-people-create-so-much-laundry.  But right now, it's hard to think of doing anything but sitting here, watching you.
You woke up this morning after I finished my online class, so I brought you downstairs and put you on the couch next to me as I graded.  You just wanted to be near me, and as soon as I plunked you down on the couch, you put your little hand on my arm and fell right asleep.  I love that you do that.  It makes it hard to concentrate on anything else.
Sometimes, I look into your eyes and wonder just how much you know.  Do you know that the way you take our hands and hug them to your body makes Mommy and Daddy's hearts melt?  Do you know that you make us laugh harder than we've laughed before?  All it takes is a funny sneeze face or a perfectly-timed raspberry (Pastor: "'Forgive us our trespasses,' What does this mean?"  Kayleigh: "Pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbth!"  Yes.  In the middle of church.  Oh, you!)
I love your deep, contented sighs as you sleep, and the way smiles flicker across your face like the sun peeking through clouds on a windy day.  You have our hearts, baby girl.
We love our sweet little ray of sunshine!
Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment