Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Grow, Baby, Grow!

I wish you could have seen your daddy's reaction today as he read about your growth and progress.

He made me breakfast this morning (Cream of Wheat is all that I can stomach right now!) and climbed back into bed with me. Pulling the laptop out, he smiled and said, "Let's read about how our baby is growing this week."

I rested and slowly ate my breakfast while Daddy clicked to a pregnancy calendar and started reading about 7 weeks.

"'By this week, your baby’s heart has developed a right and left chamber, and the esophagus and trachea are changing and differentiating into separate tubes, with lungs positioned on either side,'" He read, "WOW!"
"'Facial features are becoming more defined, and at this stage tiny nostrils are visible and there’s color in the irises of the eyes.'" He stopped again and smiled at me, "That's so cool!"
He kept going, clearly amazed. "'Hands and feet are also forming on the ends of what just a couple of weeks ago were only the very beginnings of small arm and leg buds. The umbilical cord, your baby’s life line to you, is beginning to take shape.'"

It was a special time to share with him, because although we know that you're growing inside of me, I don't think it had really dawned on us how much of you there already is. The hands that we will love to hold and kiss and squeeze are already growing. Soon, you'll have the fingers and toes we'll love to play with. Your eyes are developing, and they already have color! Daddy and I both have blue eyes, so we're guessing yours will be, too, but you might luck out and get gorgeous green eyes like your Grandma B or Great Ami. It's so exciting to think about these things, and anticipate seeing you for the first time!

Keep growing, little one.

I love you.

Love, Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment